Monday, April 19, 2004

'I waited a long time for this win' - Tendulakar

Sachin on 194 to Rediff: "There were people looking for controversy. The first question that was asked at the press conference was, 'Are you disappointed?'

If you ask that to a batsman batting on 194 at the end of day two of a Test, shouldn't that be a natural reaction? Am I not allowed to express my emotion?
But nothing comes in the way of the team's interest and team goals. The team is first and then comes the individual. I expressed surprise at the press conference but within minutes the matter was resolved.

Rahul and I sorted it out and that was that. It was as transparent as anything. There is no damage to our relationship. My friends told me there was a heated argument between Rahul and myself and I laughed, because there was not one percent of truth in that. Our relationship is as good as ever. We have great respect for each other and we both value that a lot.

People must also realise that cricket is not about individuals but about the team. I think the declaration was blown out of proportion."

No comments: