Friday, March 12, 2004

Fish. Barrel. Boom.

t r u t h o u t - William Rivers Pitt | Perspective: "'Why should we hear about body bags and deaths and how many, what day it's gonna happen? It's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?'
- Barbara Bush, said on 'Good Morning America' the day before the Iraq war started, New York Times, 01-13-03
'I'm the commander - see, I don't need to explain - I don't need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the President. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation.'
- George W. Bush, Washington Post, 11-19-02
These quotes, and about a thousand others equally as preposterous, can be found in a new book by Bruce Miller and Diana Maio titled 'Take Them At Their Words.' The next time our valiant conservative leadership bemoans the 'corruption and fall of the nation,' remember that, by and large, these bemoaners are the clowns who have been running the circus for the last several years.
A few are also up for re-election in 2004. Bear that in mind. "

No comments: