Wednesday, December 22, 2004

THIRD DEGREE - LALITHA SUHASINI - Kamal Interview

Lust is Dopamine Happiness: "How do you rate yourself as an actor?
I’m good. In a land where mediocrity is the standard, trash becomes acceptable, acceptable becomes very good, very good is excellent and excellent translates to genius. So whatever grade I receive from the audience, I rate myself two rungs below. If you think I’m a genius, I’ll tell you why I’m not—it’s because I’m only excellent.

Name one great South Indian actor.
I’ve always maintained it’s Sivaji Ganesan.

Name someone who’s alive.
Me and comedian Nagesh.

And contemporaries?
There’s Nasser.

What’s the most erotic scene from a film?
It’s not about flesh, a butt or breast show. But it still hits you because you understand the animal which lives inside you. In The Postman Always Rings Twice, there’s a kitchen sequence where Jack Nicholson grabs Jessica Lange; as she’s fighting him, he slams into her and buries his face in her crotch. Both are fully clothed. Then he lifts her and places her across a table, which has bread and utensils on it. She tries to hit him and says, ‘‘Wait, wait’’. Then she pushes everything off the table and slides up further, facilitating what he wanted.

Who’s the current love of your life?
Naturally, my daughters Shruthi and Akshara.

No comments: